Thursday 14 March 2013

I twist Richard's arm...



When the amazing shehanne moore graciously allowed me to feature on her blog she added a twist that, I thought, was fun and different. She had me, as the author, interviewed by Richard, one of the main Characters of my latest book. I thought I'd post it here so anyone who wants to can read it.

From shehanne's blog.... Without more ado here's Faith telling Richard from her latest release 'What You See Isn’t Always What You Get' just why he should be in this book.

RICHARD.  So this book means a lot to you… Do you have any idea, lady, how often we characters get that sob story from you authors?  What an arm twisting device it is……..no more.
FAITH. (Sweating buckets) That would be such a pity Richard, I mean I discovered your story and it just blew me away. It was a story just begging to be written. I cried at parts as I wrote them down but I think the ending is truly uplifting and will make anyone see that there is always hope. That no matter how bad things appear there is always a chance for something better. 
And then I fell in love with all the characters. Yes, all of them, especially you! But I’ll admit I have a real soft spot for Grady. At the start I didn’t know him at all but by the end I was hopelessly in love with him. He broke my heart but made me admire him so very much. Of course, if you don’t want to be a part of that….
 RICHARD. All right. All right. Excuse me while I just get back my arm in order to get out my violin.  Maybe raise some money busking on the streets here. Look sex for money isn’t exactly a new concept. It’s been around almost since creation. And you want to write about that? When I could just twang a few strings..
FAITH.  I don’t think it’s the typical ‘sex for money’ situation. Denny isn’t a slave anymore nor is he a whore. Plus you, Richard, aren’t asking for the normal reasons. There is so much more behind your request and it tells us a lot about you.  
 RICHARD. But you’re going to wait till I come on board to tell me it? Or maybe you haven’t even thought of it yet? Yeah that would be about right.  This world I live in, it’s really comfortable right? I mean do you have any idea how we characters get sick of that too? Being stuck in sick future visions you authors wouldn’t dream of living in yourselves? Run by Teenage Mutant Turtles or something.
FAITH. (Shifts uncomfortably) Now Richard, if you’d just sit down again I can tell you that it it…er…is a damaged world. Yes. But one that is just starting to recover and move on. No don’t get up again. Please.  You see it’s a place full of hope where people are really trying to make a difference. A place where slavery has gone but that didn’t make everything sunshine and flowers overnight. Now you all have to work for the peace. You and Denny will be doing that every way you can. How nice will that be?
RICHARD. Not that nice or I wouldn’t be keeping on fighting would I?
 FAITH. You fight because you’ve been fighting all your life and you don’t know what else to do. You lost hope and couldn’t see a future for yourself. But you found it again in a most unexpected place, and had the courage to go for it. 
RICHARD.  So you want to tell me why I should be in your book, cos so far….? 
FAITH. People should know your story, and Denny’s, because you’re truly interesting! You made me realise that we really shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, nor a person by what you see on the outside. At first glance I made assumptions about both you and Denny but that’s not who either of you are. It took time but slowly I got to know you and I think other people will love to do the same because you really are worth knowing.
RICHARD. Ahhhhh. Okay, so call me an ambulance... I think you broke my arm.

Thank you, shehanne, you are a star!
http://shehannemoore.wordpress.com/2013/03/02/the-day-two-grilling-with-faith/

2 comments:

  1. Aw!!! Thank you Faith. I do hope Richard liked the flowers you sent him. And his arm is fine now.

    ReplyDelete